By Brendon Martin on Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 in . No Comments
No bake CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER DELIGHT.
This no-bake slice is perfect for the chocolate and peanut butter lovers out there! How could you not love a smooth creamy peanut butter centre with rich dark chocolate topping over a nice nutty crumbly biscuit like base.
It’s boosted with protein and dense rich nutrients from the nuts to keep you feeling satisfied and the gives it an antioxidant boost and the added bonus of good omega 6 fats I’ve kept the sugar content low (the peanut butter adds natural sweetness) and it’s also gluten-free and grain-free. Keep it in the fridge or freezer for a post-workout snack or an after dinner delight, or simply satisfy that craving for a treat something naughty without being too naught ! The beauty is because of the rich nutrients not much is needed and cravings are quickly satisfied.
#chocpeanutbutter #delight #nobake #jleighkitchen #athome #inthekitchrn#funcfitnessfood #sunday #rainyday #treatwithoutthecheat
@ At Home Jleigh Kitchen
For the base:
* 1/2 cup raw nuts
* 1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
* 1/4 cup Bare Blends Organic Raw Vanilla WPI
* 2 x 20ml tablespoons Organic Raw Peruvian Cacao
* 2 x tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
* 2 x tablespoons maple syrup
For the topping:
* 1/2 cup natural smooth peanut butter *
* 2X teaspoons extra virgin coconut oil, melted
* 1/2 cup of almond meal
1. Line a 10 x 16cm container with baking paper or cling film.
2. To make the base, process the nuts, coconut, protein powder and cacao powder together in a food processor until you get fine crumbs. Add the coconut oil and maple syrup and mix until everything is well combined. Press the mixture firmly into the prepared container and set aside in the freezer
3. To make the topping, mix all of the topping ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined. Spread the mixture over the base, then put the container back into the freeze for a few hours until set.
4. Melt 250g into f dark chocolate it’s a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water, stirring consistently with a metal spoon. Pour over the top of slice or drop a teaspoon on to single mini cupcake silicone Moulds. Place back in freezer
5. Once set, remove the slice from the container and cut into pieces or remove from moulds . Store in freezer.